When it comes to bug free gaming on PC Rockstar Games have always let us down, that includes the latest Grand Theft Auto V. Lots of people have been facing problems playing the game and some have had trouble even launching the game. Fortunately the gamers all around the world helped us fix most of the problems regarding the game but one Problem still prevails. THE STUTTERING / LAGGING problems which pretty much drives everyone crazy. Most of you might have stopped searching a fix online for this problem.
DON'T GIVE UP. You have finally reached the right blog.
Issues I had:
1. The game starts up normally and is absolutely smooth [30 - 40 fps] for few minutes and then suddenly it starts to stutter. Leave it for sometimes the stuttering gets worse to the point the games becomes unplayable.
2. The only thing that seemed to work was restarting the game.
3. I tried all kinds of fixes out there [Changing the process priority, Updating the graphics driver, disabling antivirus] and nothing seemed to work.
AMD 7670M / Intel HD 4000
The fix is actually pretty simple you might wonder why you never tried it before,
1. Go to C:\users\username\documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\settings.xml & change the DX value to 0 (use notepad)
<DX_Version value="0" />
2. Now start the game and go to settings , now this is the important part, change the TEXTURE QUALITY to "HIGH" and restart the game.
3. Play the game and no more stuttering issues.
4.(Optional) If your Video Memory usage goes too high try lowering all other settings and only put the texture quality High.
PS: For Doubts ask in the comments section.